It was one of the biggest “will he, won’t he” stories of the summer.
Yes, we chased Mario Gotze. And Mahmoud Dahoud. And Christian Pulisic. And Jonas Hector… But be honest, the most exciting drama came from our chase of Polish midfielder Piotr Zielinski, didn’t it?
Joking aside, it’s interesting to see the comments Zielinski made to Polish news outlet Sportowe Fakty today.
He’s admitted he spoke to us earlier in the summer, but insists he has no regrets over joining Napoli instead (he would say that now, wouldn’t he?!)
“With Liverpool, there were talks but it didn’t happen,” he said. “But I’m happy to be at Napoli. They’re one of the best teams for a 22-year-old to join.”
Oddly, he also admits he not even being considered for the side right now:
“I’m a reserve at the moment, but I’ve only just arrived. Here, [the players] are all very strong.
“I believe in my abilities. [Marek] Hamsik is one of the best midfielders in the Italian League and Allan is an important player, so I’ll have to work in training and at every opportunity.
“I’m not worried. In time, I’ll also become a starter.”
You should have moved to Anfield, Piotr!
The post Transfer target admits he spoke to Liverpool but says he has no regrets appeared first on The Empire of The Kop.
September 1, 2016 at 05:07PM Liverpool http://ift.tt/1k55BT5 http://ift.tt/2c3KHTB September 1, 2016 at 05:07PM